REHVA's mission is to develop and disseminate economical, energy efficient, safe and healthy technology for mechanical services of building; to serve its members and the field of building engineering (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) by facilitating knowledge exchange, supporting the development of related EU policies and their national level implementation.
- Advocating health, comfort, productivity and energy efficiency in all buildings and communities.
- Promoting high quality HVAC engineering practice through technical guidance aiming at zero energy and adequate ventilation in European Buildings, as well as training, standardization, and certification.
- Development and deployment of advanced HVAC system technologies, including design tools for healthy and energy efficient buildings
- Promoting European engineering knowledge, HVAC technologies, and European standards.
- Supporting the education of young HVAC engineers, and the continuous professional development of building services professionals.
- Acting as the single voice of European building service engineer